Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Email 4 {Garrett} - look, real food, lol!

"look what I made....huevos rancheros" 
Wednesday -  A+ day! I started out really bummed out because I hate doing the same thing over and over again... so I started getting really bored and was hating everything... so of course the normal thing to do out here is pray so I pretty much just asked for something to do, anything at all to get the work moving somewhat, and it was answered! I gave a blessing to Sister C... when she got surgery and she told us about how she got another one years before and she asked for any priesthood holder in the hospital to do it and the place went nuts! hahha Everyone that had it was heading to her room and there were so many people coming they were fighting over who was gonna do it! They had to draw names out of a hat! But the cool thing is no one ever knows what to say or what they said after the blessing but it is always the right thing to say! Then I gave my comp and zone leader Elder T... (who was my fear busting comp) a blessing and the same amazing things happened! Then the day went on and we had lots of people to talk to and we got 2 new investigators!

Thursday - I had to prepare to teach other missionaries how to ask inspired questions but I'm still learning how to become a missionary hahaha which is weird, but I also gave a lesson to Sister R... and the switching the BOM with smoking worked! Well a little hahaha, she went from 5 a day to 2 which is really good progress for one week! I also got the coolest BOM today, it's a rare copy, only 140 copies ever made and it's the same book but has the pictures next to the stories and a fun fact page, like where it talks about Columbus!, and also the cover has Moroni so it's different! So it's my new treasure hahaha I don't want to even open it up too far!

Friday - the zone training was today and it's funny out here you just get thrown into things they need done and you pretty much have to do it hahaha - but the lesson went amazing and at the end Elder T... sang a song which he wrote and it was pretty much his testimony in song and it was amazing! There is tons of musical talent in this mission! But then he followed after the song saying how grateful he is for this mission and how hard it is to talk to white people and how he hates doing it! hahaha

Saturday - Sister H.... said she is coming to church and she said she would never come back for at least a couple months so it's been really good progress. It's weird because I think she could be a better missionary than me hahaha!!! I also got to lead the hymn "I Am A Child Of God" but in Marshallese hahaha so I had no idea what the language was hahaha but it was a day with a whole lot of walking and not much talking...

Sunday - my comp got sick so we had to end the day early and we couldn't go out and work much... so aka boring hahaha but Sister H... didn't come to church.... I hate it when people break their promises, it's my biggest thing that will make me mad! Also Brother F... said he has found one of the 3 Nephites that were promised to never taste of death so that was interesting to hear about!!

Monday - It was a great day! We talked to lots of people! But most importantly we had several lessons! We taught a family (A...and L...) and they have the biggest baby I've ever seen! He is the size of a 2 year old but only 6 months hahaha but he loves me and I can make him laugh way easy, so it was good! This day was the first time I got anti-Mormoned and it was so funny because my comp told me what they do and I was holding back a smile and laugh the whole time because he said and did everything they all do hahaha, not very smart they just try to prove us wrong and when they can't they hurry and change the subject hahaha, but pretty much the lesson from it all was you can't teach them because the spirit isn't there so you just tell them to pray about it then we can talk but they never do!! hahha

Overall it was a great week I think.  I love it when it rains, I always want to go outside but don't always get to so I just sit and watch it but  never get in it.... I wrote some handwritten letters so those are on their way! LOVE AND MISS YOU TONS! KEEP SENDING PICS!!!! 

Love Elder Garrett Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment