Monday, October 19, 2015

Email - 10/19 {Garrett}

I thought we only had 3 days in this week because that's all I can remember! hahahaha but I got the Halloween package, thank you so much mommy! You are the best one anyone could have! It felt like Christmas when I got it! hahahah Bro F had to sign for it because I wasn't there so I had to share with him hahaha but I'll write more on today next week because it isn't even noon and a whole lot has happened so it should be eventful day hahahaha #notgoodsofar hahaha oh well, but sounds like Sunday was filled with a whole lot about feed my sheep, so to answer "why would God rejoice more when that one sheep is found than the 99 of the rest of his fold" this is what i get from it - Heavenly Father loves all of us and it breaks his heart when we are lost, that is why Christ commands us to find his lost sheep, but lost sheep can be anyone that needs help or comfort in any way, so the reason he is happy when 1 is found over the 99 is because those 99 have already gone through the rejoicing, everyone of them were that 1 lost sheep at one point and will be in the future, so he is super happy when 1 more enters because it strengthens the rest and because at the time the 99 don't need that attention and the 1 does and he uses the 99 to help the one and he still knows that he will do the same thing for the rest of the 99 at some point, that's kinda how I look at it, hope it makes sense hahaha 

Mon 12- boring day not much happened but we did make a really good roast in the crockpot that a member gave us! A big part of the day was chasing my comp's mail around the valley that his mom sent to the wrong address and so we drove around a ton... oh wait hahaha, funniest lesson happened that I forgot about, we got a call from C to come over asap so we did and he was really drunk and we were just trying to get the Spirit to sober him up but we couldn't hahaha, but as soon as we got there I could see in his son's eyes that he was scared and it was super sad to see him scared and then I was a little bit laughing at the same time because he keeps shaking our hands, hahaha, also thought he was gonna wanna fight me out in the street and I was so confused on how it even got there hahaha... 

Tue 13- it was a whole lot of dropped lessons and not a good lesson so then I had to do some comp inventory and tell my comp that we need to teach more powerfully, aka don't teach the entire lesson until you run into a blank in your head and expect me to pick up from your ideas, so now we are switching off topics in lessons so now it's really good because we are teaching a lot more powerfully so it's a lot more fun to teach now!!

Wed 14- had a fantastic day we had 5 lessons!!! We went out with a member that killed it when he said his testimony!! He has had 2 divorces and had a hard time but it was good, made me realize how thankful I am for the little things and made me realize how much I can change for the better! We did some service for an old lady and my comp kinda bugged me because he wasn't doing a good job and he knew it and I kept telling him things like do it right the first time so you don't have to do it again later and don't do half of a job and so I kinda freaked out and told him to do a complete job and he stormed off because we were 5 mins into our dinner break and so I had to finish it off myself... really happy I learned how to do a good job and work until the job is finished from my parents because she was really happy with the job after it was done so it was a heart warming experience!

Thur 15-weekly planning is boring but other than that it was a good day! Met a man from Africa named A! Found new investigator family through a wrong addressed referral and they are super solid came to a baptism and church so it is way cool that was found a family that is super interested!! I have realized that this gospel does and can bless families, it's insane how big the difference is!! 

Fri 16/Sat 17- went on exchanges with the Marshallese (Elder Jally) so I pretty much sat there and listened but I guess they thought I spoke a little of the language so that was funny but I did pray and bear a testimony on service, in English of course, so that was a cool experience. Marshallese people are so funny and the little kids are so dang cute and funny! hahaha I could teach those people all day everyday only problem is I don't know the language, hahaha. My comp and me don't have the same humor so it's hard to have fun and laugh because I have no one else to do it with.... also decided that if our entire friend group was in the same mission we would baptize the world because I'm always like "dang I wish Bronson or Mitch or Grant or Alex or any of them was here because they could connect to so many things during lessons", so I pretty much connect to the people by saying "oh I know someone like that blah blah blah" and it goes on hahaha 

Sun 18- the most successful Sunday we have had so far!!! Finally got investigators to church (R and E, the referral from Bishop that was wrong) gave two blessings and had dinner at the F's and had steak so that was really good!! We then started to walk around and it got dark really fast and we were walking around and me and my comp both got a strong feeling to get home as quickly as possible and so it was a really sketch night and super crazy but we got home safely and still don't know what would have happened but I'm glad I didn't stay to find out! hahaha 

That was the week, really big highs and really deep lows, but it was a really successful week. Hope I can keep it goin! love you guys a ton!!!!
Love Elder Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment