Friday, August 14, 2015

First Letter {Garrett} - MTC

Dear Momma and Papa and the rest of the family!

MTC is great! Long days, long classes, long studies, everything is long! But getting outside makes it a ton better, I'm the person that needs the outdoors so being inside is hard, but it is different at the MTC! Seminary sucks compared to this, the teachers actually try! The hymns are the best part. I can relate to them very easily. I wish I could just read and teach from the hymns like I did in the farewell talk! :) My companion is Elder Kammerman. He served in the military then broke his ankle/foot and decided to serve a mission, which is cool! He wrestled at Maple Mountain and he's an artist just like a ton of other missionaries in our zone! (mostly ceramics and painting/drawing). I've seen all my friends in the MTC! Friendly faces are amazing, it re-starts your mood (same with songs). The classroom is easy to learn in because it reminds me of SBO - how it is small groups and the teacher really cares about you. It felt very good teaching the first investigator...

Elder Sprags and Elder Levitt are really funny and Spragg reminds me a lot of Isaac hahaha. Having Greg here is way nice!  ...finding time to laugh is important to staying sane here... My companion is the District Leader (military experience). I wish Greg was my companion! The food here isn't as bad as people say, but I'm still not risking the orange juice!  I'm always up past 10:30 (lights out) because I feel like I'm always behind, I'm past it right now writing you, that's how much I love you guys! But don't worry about me! I can feel the love of Heaenly Father always! and I've taken all the advice given to me and used it! It's hard with study because I feel everyone knows more than me so I'm more of the person to relate and learn. Prayer is real here! So many prayers are answered!!  I've been gifted with a better knowledge and skill with the grammar and reading so I don't think I'll have a problem with it all. I love you guys so much, think about you all the time and tell stories! Love and pray for you!

Love, Elder Lamb <3

ps - thanks for the package, Dad, the roommates love the chips & salsa!
ps - my P-day is Saturday and Greg's is Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment